If your doctor has ordered an overnight pulse oximetry for you, he/she is trying to find out if your oxygen levels change, or drop while you are asleep. Doctors are able to look at the report and see if and when your oxygen levels drop during the night. If this is the case, your doctor may order supplemental oxygen for you to wear while you sleep. Your doctor may find that your oxygen levels go up and down many times during the night, this may be a sign of Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). Your doctor may want to have you do a sleep study to receive more detailed results in an effort to change this negative sleep pattern.
- When your doctor orders an overnight oximetry test, a unit will be mailed to via priority mail. Once the unit arrives, we recommend you administer the test the same night for faster results.
- You will be given simple written instructions, along with an informational DVD for easy use, and if you have any questions or concerns call our 24 hour toll-free phone number.
- Proceed to place the oximeter on about 10 minutes before you go to bed...with the clip on your finger, push the big button and the machine will turn on. When the oximeter is working properly the light on the unit will be flashing green, and there will be two numbers displayed on the oximeter.
- You may use a piece of tape or a bandaid to hold the wire to the back of your finger. DO NOT TAPE THE FINGER CLIP TO YOUR FINGER.
- Please wear the oximeter on your finger ALL night, six hours or more is optimal as it gives the doctor a good sample of your sleep patterns.If you are doing the test on oxygen, or you need to put your oxygen on during the night, be sure to log the time and reason on your log sheet as well as the liter flow.
- When you get up in the morning push the big button, and hold it down until the lights go out.
- Please fill out ALL paperwork, sign and date the forms, and mail package with the enclosed prepaid shipping material
Once your unit and paperwork arrive at the office, the paperwork will be faxed via a secure connection to our office. The oximeter will be downloaded to the computer and sent in an encripted state to our office. O2Tester takes the information and generates a report that is sent to your medical provider via secure fax.
O2Tester works hard to keep your out-of-pocket expenses to a minimum. Please fill in all insurance information on the forms provided.
O2Tester accepts PayPal, credit cards, debit card, and check by phone.
"We Are Here to Make a Difference"